The horribly muggy weather has been making my skin oilier than usual. While looking around Watson's, I found an oil control lemon face w...

Skin care for combination/oily skin: Himalaya Herbals facial wash + witch hazel

3:32 PM Joanna C. 2 Comments

The horribly muggy weather has been making my skin oilier than usual. While looking around Watson's, I found an oil control lemon face wash by Himalaya Herbals for only P79. With that price, and because I've never tried anything by this brand before, I thought I would give it a try.

Himalaya Herbals lemon face wash and T.N. Dickinson's witch hazel

At first, I tried to use it at the end of the day, but it does almost nothing to remove makeup. So I tried using it at the beginning of my day when I have no makeup on. Wet the face first then massage on a pea-size amount of the face wash, then rinse. I followed it with my trusty witch hazel toner from Healthy Options, plus my Celeteque or Shu Uemura oil-free moisturizer.

Normally, when I use other mild facial washes followed by the witch hazel and moisturizer, then go without makeup, my nose and forehead will start to get oily two hours later. But when I started using this lemon face wash, I was amazed that the first sign of oiliness was not until five hours later. It is mild, not drying and skin does not feel tight. But I think it's important to follow it with the witch hazel and moisturizer so that skin is still well moisturized after using this face wash.

I believe this facial wash could work really well for people with combination to oily skin, especially with this weather. Let me know if you have tried this product, or if you will try it and see how it works for you.