I bought this blush completely on a whim when I was invited for a luxurious makeover session at the Chanel beauty counter in Rustan's. W...

Review and swatch: Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Colour Stick Blush No. 21

11:02 PM Joanna C. 0 Comments

I bought this blush completely on a whim when I was invited for a luxurious makeover session at the Chanel beauty counter in Rustan's. With a luxurious brand comes a matching price tag, so I was worried I would regret this purchase after I took it home with me. A product can be really different with personal use compared to when a makeup artist is applying all sorts of things using professional techniques on you.
Thank goodness I've had no buyer's remorse with the Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Colour Stick Blush in No. 21 (now, if only it had a shorter name!). I did give it several months of use before reviewing to see if I truly love it, and I do. It's so pretty and easy that any makeup lover will have no trouble using it, no professional techniques required.
No. 21 is a beautiful coral-pink that leans a bit on the warm side. It's the type of color that is gorgeous by itself or with a full face of makeup. I've tried it with different makeup looks and it fares well with more natural looks, or a heavier eye and lip. The color is not too pink and not too orange, so it works well with either warm or cool tones on the face.

Although it's called sheer, it's something you can layer on for a more intense flush. There's a teeny bit of shimmer when you look at it from the tube, but I can't see the shimmer on the skin. The swatch below is a single swipe and honestly doesn't justify how pretty this is on on the face, but in case you haven't noticed, this beauty blogger is a little camera-shy on her own blog!
One to two swipes per cheek, some blending with my fingers, and this blush is done. It settles on the skin so well that it doesn't look like flat matte pigment is sitting on your face. It's not at all sticky like some cream blushes can be. On me, the color stays on for eight hours before it begins to fade. I think even if I used this daily, this tube is going to last a long time. It is lightly scented, but nothing that you can still smell after application.
Don't hate me for writing a review about a limited edition product! I won't say that it is a must-have because some people will find it too expensive, but because I love it so much, I don't regret buying this. If you are a fan of luxury cosmetics and Chanel releases this again, you will also love it if you're in search of a versatile cream blush that's fool-proof to use.