I'm not a brand snob. Just because something is expensive doesn't mean it's great; just because something is cheap doesn't m...

Review and swatches: Ever Bilena Matte lipstick in Love That Red and Pink Flame

2:52 PM Joanna C. 0 Comments

I'm not a brand snob. Just because something is expensive doesn't mean it's great; just because something is cheap doesn't mean it sucks. I love trying out products from different brands and price ranges.

These matte lipsticks by Ever Bilena might only be P155 (or P165, can't remember exactly how much) but they are probably my favorite lipsticks so far by a local brand.

Ever Bilena Matte lipstick in Love that Red and Pink Flame

I'm not sure why the packaging is slightly different; I guess they were produced in different batches? But I like that the cap has the same color as the product inside.

Closer look:

Ever Bilena Matte lipstick in Love that Red and Pink Flame

Swatches: Love that Red and Pink Flame

These swatches are just one swipe each on the inside of my wrist. I was surprised how pigmented they were.


One layer of Ever Bilena Matte lipstick in Love that Red

One layer of Ever Bilena Matte lipstick in Pink Flame

Both shades go on smoothly and feel light and comfortable on the lips. I noticed that Love that Red has a more satin finish to it instead of matte. Pink Flame feels more matte and as you might be able to see, it's necessary to prep lips with this shade as it can highlight flakiness. Both shades are not drying at all.

I'm pretty impressed with both, especially for the price. Pink Flame is a great everyday shade but does not wear very long, and has to be reapplied after eating. Love that Red is an exact dupe for MAC Ruby Woo color-wise, but is satiny, instead of Ruby Woo's very dry retro matte finish. Staying power does not compare to Ruby Woo, but try Love that Red if you don't want to splurge on Ruby Woo or can't stand the retro matte finish.

These are definitely great lipsticks for the price and are worth trying if you're looking for an everyday lipstick (Pink Flame) or a great dupe for Ruby Woo (Love that Red). I believe this line comes in about 10 different shades, most of which would look great on a range of skin tones.