The days are still sweltering, so I need to use makeup that can last all day. Tarte's Amazonian Clay 12-hour blushes have so far been th...

Review and swatches: Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in Glisten, Amused, Flushed

10:57 PM Joanna C. 0 Comments

The days are still sweltering, so I need to use makeup that can last all day. Tarte's Amazonian Clay 12-hour blushes have so far been the longest-wearing I've ever tried. If you haven't heard of these products yet, the hype is real: These are amazeballs.

Tarte Amazonian Clay blushes. Clockwise from top left: Amused, Glisten, Flush

The blushes are 5.6 grams each and come in these little compacts that match the color of the blush. I always like packaging that makes it easy to spot what shade I'm looking for - I tend to buy multiples of products I really like!

Here's how the blushes look inside:

Clockwise from top left: Amused, Glisten, Flush

I think it looks so pretty with the leafy design stamped on. The compacts also have mirrors but I opened these all the way so that the light wouldn't reflect on the products.


Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in Glisten


Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in Amused

Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in Flush

Glisten is a peachy pink with gold shimmer. Amused is a bright dolly pink with a satin finish. Flush is a berry with more violet than pink in it, with a satin finish. Swatches below:

(L-R) Amused, Flush, Glisten

I ran the pad of my finger a couple of times on the product before swatching it on the inside of my wrist. These blushes are all pigmented, so just apply a little at first, then you can build up the color. Amused, in particular, is super bright and I only need a light dab from my brush to have enough color per cheek. They require slightly more blending than other blushes I've tried. 

On me, all of these shades still look freshly applied after five hours. So far, Amused and Flush do last the products' claim of 12-hour wear on me, although faded by then. Glisten lasts for around eight hours on me. I have combination skin with an oily T-zone and normal cheeks, so these may last longer or shorter on you depending on your skin type.

For the beautiful colors and great staying power, these are some of my all-time favorite blushes. As long as you have a little patience with blending, try this if you're looking for a long-wearing powder blush.