I've heard of this supposedly amazing Japanese product for a while, but hadn't bought one yet because I still have quite a bit of ot...

Review: K Palette Lasting 2Way Eyebrow in 01 Chocolate Brown

11:20 PM Joanna C. 0 Comments

I've heard of this supposedly amazing Japanese product for a while, but hadn't bought one yet because I still have quite a bit of other stuff in my brown arsenal. So when my half-Japanese friend Yumi gifted me with one in exchange for some work I did for her, I was thrilled to finally get the chance to try it out.

K Palette Lasting Way Eyebrow in 01 Chocolate Brown

The packaging indicates the shade name, but the pen itself only says 01. The ends look like this:

One end has liquid with a very fine, soft brush (as opposed to a hard nib) as an applicator.

The powder end has a retractable sponge tip applicator.

Here are what my brows look like before and after applying this product, without other makeup:



Bare brows vs. brows with K Palette. Yes, I wear prescription contact lenses.

Because my brows are sparse, doing them every time I leave the house is an absolute must. This photo was the third time I'd used this product and I've experimented with different ways to apply it. You can either use the liquid to outline on top and bottom, then fill in the middle with brows, or use the liquid to fill in sparse areas all over then use the powder over it - or any other technique that might work for you, of course. 

I've found that the latter technique lasts longer on me, but I don't really need to do it unless I need it to be as water resistant as possible. The first two times I used the product was at the beach, and I was amazed that although they were a bit faded, my brows were still there at the end of the day. I didn't exactly swim hardcore on those two occasions because I didn't have any goggles and my contacts would have popped out, but I was still in the water because of paddle boarding (and falling off once per occasion!) and I was completely submerged.

Here's how I used it for errands and going to the mall, to test how it would fare on a regular day:

Fresh application, taken in natural light


8 hours after application, in artificial light

Except for that area near my arch that had gotten oily (it was again over 30 Celsius today), my brows still looked the same, and the product had not faded or come off. I did not use any other brow gel or any other brow stuff, just this product on its own.

The product washes off easily with regular facial wash and water, so removal is no problem at all.

I'm convinced of this product's staying power, although I would call it water resistant rather than waterproof. Application does take some getting used to because it's unlike other brow products I have used. I've found that it helps a lot to blend it out with a spoolie, because it does get a little clumpy once you layer the powder over the liquid.

Overall, it's a great product to have if you're looking for something long-wearing, but it retails for P1,050 in Beauty Bar so it's a little pricey for a brow product. Yumi also told me that it there isn't that much product inside the pen, as it lasts only two or three months for her. I will not be using this on a daily basis, but it's definitely my go-to now for when I expect to have a particularly busy day with lots of running around - or for going to the beach, because as my friends know, I just can't be without my eyebrows!