I am one of those people who does not have the steadiest of hands, so when it comes to liquid eyeliner, I prefer the marker type instead of ...

Review and swatch: Mary Kay liquid eyeliner pen in black

8:23 PM Joanna C. 0 Comments

I am one of those people who does not have the steadiest of hands, so when it comes to liquid eyeliner, I prefer the marker type instead of the brush type. I still need to use up my K-Palette liquid liner, but I don't dare use it when I am in a hurry because that one definitely needs a few extra seconds of holding your breath while trying to maintain steadiness!

I have been quite happy with the Mary Kay liquid eyeliner pen:



I'm glad that this has the marker-type nib that I prefer, instead of the brush tip.


On my hand it doesn't look like a very deep black, but on the eyelids, it shows up as a true black.The nib dispenses just the right amount of product so that it's not too wet or dry, and one stroke gives full color payoff. It applies very smoothly without any tugging and dries quickly.

Although the tip isn't ultra-fine, you still get a lot of control. You can make the line thinner or thicker depending on how you hold the pen.

After a good 12 hours of wear, the liner was still intact, although faded to a dark gray. I tried rubbing it off with a finger, and it still did not smudge. It washed off easily with my regular facial wash, with no need for makeup remover.

I would highly recommend this if you like the look of liquid eyeliner, but still need some practice with those super-precise brush tips - or just want a very easy-to-use eyeliner pen.

Tip: Store liner pens horizontally and not vertically, so they don't dry out so fast.

This product was kindly sent to me by Mary Kay Philippines. It has a catalog price of P700. In Cebu, Mary Kay is located in Cebu Grand Hotel, Escario Street.