I was excited to hear that a number of brands previously unavailable for local retail were going to be sold at the beauty department of SM S...

Review and swatches: Flormar Supermatte lipstick in 207, 210, 212

9:25 PM Joanna C. 0 Comments

I was excited to hear that a number of brands previously unavailable for local retail were going to be sold at the beauty department of SM Seaside City Cebu, such as Jordana and Essence. While looking through the displays, I saw this brand called Flormar that I had never heard of before. Attracted by the color selection of the matte lipsticks, I swatched a few but walked away without buying anything, but couldn't stop thinking about it. My friend Kaith ended up going on a lipstick run for both of us on a succeeding visit to Seaside.

A Google search told me that Flormar is a Turkish brand. I was intrigued, since I'd never tried Turkish cosmetics before. The first shade I picked up was 210, which doesn't have any other name on the label.  I wore 210 for several days straight and fell in love with the formula and color, so I ended up getting two more! I got 212 Vintage Pink and 207 Lovely Pink.




Flormar Supermatte lipsticks in 210, 212, and 207


210 is a beautiful burnt rose color; a muted red with berry and brown tones. On my NC25-30 skin this looks a little bit dark, but not too much that it stops being office appropriate. I normally don't look good with reddish browns, but I really like this one because the brown deepens the red just enough without getting too warm. I can imagine this would be a flattering color on many skin tones.

212 is called Vintage Pink but doesn't look pink to me at all, more of a lightened terracotta. On my lips, it looks a little more orange than the swatch. Another beautiful shade that is the most subtle of the three.

207 is called Lovely Pink and is in fact pink in the swatch, but pulls more coral on my lips. This is a wearable coral-pink that is not too neon and I think will brighten up fair to medium complexions.

All of these apply creamy, smooth and pigmented, with a lightweight, comfortable feel on the lips. The texture reminds me a lot of the matte Rimmel Kate Moss lipsticks in the red tubes, but these ones are more pigmented than the Rimmel line's lighter shades. One application of Flormar Supermatte gives full color payoff, with no slip since it is matte, and lasts about five hours on me. It does not feather but does fade in the center, although without that ugly ring. It has a slightly citrusy smell that I don't notice after application. The tapered bullet tip makes it particularly easy to apply on the corners of the mouth. I feel like the color selection is perfect for Filipinas because these will suit many skin tones, whether light or dark, and any undertone too.

Flormar Supermatte lipsticks are P399 each at Watsons in SM Seaside City. The last time I visited, many colors, including 210, had already sold out, so it must be getting popular! For similar shades of matte lipstick at a cheaper price, check out my review on Jordana Modern Matte lipsticks.