I've got swatches of six shades of the Clinique Pop Liquid Matte Lip Colour + Primer here! Couldn't resist swatching these on a visi...

Swatches: Clinique Pop Liquid Matte Lip Colour

10:21 PM Joanna C. 0 Comments

I've got swatches of six shades of the Clinique Pop Liquid Matte Lip Colour + Primer here! Couldn't resist swatching these on a visit to the Clinique store at SM Seaside City.
 Swatches on NC25-30 skin:
Flame Pop, Black Licorice Pop, Sweetheart Pop,
Candied Apple Pop, Petal Pop, Cake Pop
Each shade is true to color from what you see from the rectangular frosted tube. Each swatch was just one smooth and easy swipe. Check out how pigmented each one is, and how evenly the color glides on.
The wands are itty bitty since these come in your regular lipstick size instead of the longer tubes that liquid lipsticks normally come in. The tiny wand means lots more control, and the applicator picks up enough product to coat the lips with one go.

I can't review this product just yet; I held myself back because I still have many liquid lipsticks to use up! (Yes, I exercise self control sometimes with makeup shopping.) I try not to hoard liquid products because those spoil so easily. But believe me, I was super tempted - Sweetheart Pop and Candied Apple Pop look right up my alley! I wasn't surprised to hear that Cake Pop is a bestseller, since it's a safe "everyday" color. 

Here's how the Clinique website describes these:
"Lightweight liquid lipstick covers lips with lush pigment and a modern matte finish. Wears all day. Moisturizing formula with built-in primer provides a smooth, even glide so lips feel as fresh as they look."

In Cebu, Clinique has a counter at Rustan's Department Store in Ayala Center, and its own boutique at SM Seaside City. Are you heading over to pick up one of these gorgeous lipsticks?