I was on the fence about Tom Ford lipsticks because they are so expensive, and I simply could not justify spending over P2,000 on a lipstick...

Review: Tom Ford Lip Color in 22 Forbidden Pink

8:12 PM Joanna C. 1 Comments

I was on the fence about Tom Ford lipsticks because they are so expensive, and I simply could not justify spending over P2,000 on a lipstick. But when a friend in Singapore said she was selling one for a low price because she has other Tom Ford lipsticks, I jumped at the chance to get it.





It comes in a beautiful black and gold tube with the signature TF stamped on the top of the cap and the end of the lipstick bullet. It feels heavy and luxurious in your hand, and you definitely feel pretty rich holding it!

Forbidden Pink is a rosy pink with a bit of coral in it from the tube, but on my lips it looks like a peachy pink. Swatch below:

Swatch: Tom Ford lipstick in 22 Forbidden Pink
(That's a mosquito bite near my lower lip :-/)

The lipstick is very smooth when applied and has a creamy finish. It is neither sheer nor very pigmented. One coat gives a bit of color, but I need two for full color pay-off, and I don't have pigmented lips. The lipstick doesn't feel sticky or heavy, is quite moisturizing and applies evenly. It wore for four hours on me just with drinking water, no eating. 

To be blunt about it, this is not the best lipstick I have ever tried. It kind of reminds me of the YSL Rouge Volupte lipstick: Yes, the packaging is gorgeous, but the product itself is just...okay. There are better lipsticks out there for much cheaper. I wouldn't call this a waste of money because it is still a lovely lipstick and this black and gold tube does look so beautiful. If you have the extra money, go ahead and add this to your collection. But if you prefer to be practical about beauty purchases, I would definitely not call this a must-have, especially at a retail price of over P2,000.