Can you believe that up until a few weeks ago, I had never owned a Sigma brush? They are simply not that easy to come by here because they h...

Review: the Sigma F80 flat-top kabuki brush and its awesomeness

6:14 PM Joanna C. 0 Comments

Can you believe that up until a few weeks ago, I had never owned a Sigma brush? They are simply not that easy to come by here because they have to be ordered from the U.S., and I am already happy with my current brush collection. My other favorite brushes for the face are the Real Techniques buffing brush and expert face brush. Those are still very good brushes, but the F80 is something else.

I was ecstatic to receive the F80 as a gift from Hazel of Make Up Your Mind online store as I was purchasing my Anastasia dip brow pomade (review on that soon). After using this brush, I finally began to understand why Sigma brushes are considered essential tools for many women.

The F80 is a flat-top kabuki brush meant for smoothly buffing in product all over the face.


It has a dense head, meaning the bristles are rather short and very close together, and is super soft. It has synthetic bristles, which I tend to prefer for the face. I've found that my face sometimes itches when I use natural hair brushes; I'm not quite sure why.


The size of the brush is just perfect, not too big nor too small. The brush handle is also very sturdy.


I've read some reviews that cleaning this brush can be quite difficult because the bristles are so close together. I haven't washed it yet, just spot-cleaned. To avoid getting too much product between the bristles I don't dip the brush into the product. I dot product all over my face first, then use the brush to blend it in.

I find that using this brush with different kinds of products makes blending so fast and easy. I used it with different liquid face products, from BB cream to light-coverage foundation to medium-coverage foundation. I even tried it on some foundations that require a bit more blending than others. 

I get the same ultra-smooth, airbrushed effect every time without a single streak. On one day that I used it, someone recognized me from my newspaper column and said I looked "flawless." Aw, shucks! I wanted to say, thanks to the F80 - and my recent diamond peel, which the lady said she also read about in my column. It's always so nice to know that people are reading The Beauty Enthusiast on print!

I also tried it with my Maybelline mineral powder foundation and it still blended well, but I started to see what people meant when they said product tends to get stuck in the bristles. Dotting mineral powder foundation on the face is not ideal, so I'm reserving the F80 to blend in liquid face products.

The hype about the F80 is definitely for real! You can get one plus other Sigma brushes and makeup products from facebook.com/makeupyourmind.store or on Instagram @makeupyourmindstore .