On a day-to-day basis when I'm just going to the office with no work events after, I skip foundation and just use BB cream because it...

Review: Beauty Republic BB Creams in Original Dramatic and Dramatic Green Touch

1:54 PM Joanna C. 0 Comments

On a day-to-day basis when I'm just going to the office with no work events after, I skip foundation and just use BB cream because it's quick and not too made up. I think BB cream is all you need for a fresh everyday look, especially for people who hate looking or feeling too made up.

I got these Beauty Republic BB creams from Carmen Claire in two varieties, the Original Dramatic formula and the Dramatic Green Touch formula.

Beauty Republic BB creams in Original Dramatic and Dramatic Green Touch formula

Both of the boxes indicate that these are made in Korea, and are for whitening/anti-wrinkle/UV protection. I love that they both have SPF37; sunscreen is a daily must, even on cloudy days. I use this as an all-in-one product, without using a separate moisturizer or sunblock. Great for when you need to get to work or school quickly!

Here's what they look like when squeezed out of the tube:
Left: Original Dramatic. Right: Dramatic Green Touch.

The products do come out looking very light, but they quickly blend into the skin without leaving an unnatural cast. You can see the Original Dramatic formula in action in this makeup tutorial with my friend Jacklyn of The Sunday Project. The green formula also blends in just as easily.

Both formulas are moisturizing and work very well at evening out the skin and giving a dewy but not oily radiance. Because I have combination skin, the green formula worked wonderfully for controlling my oily T-zone. I only had some greasiness on my forehead and nose at the end of the day. Because of its very slightly greenish tint, I think this would be great for people with a lot of redness from blemishes or capillaries.

I think the original formula may work better for people with normal to dry skin. The original formula worked great for the drier parts of my face like my cheeks and chin, but I had to touch up my T-zone a couple of times throughout the day.

You don't need much product at all to cover the entire face, so these will last a long time even if used on a daily basis. The BB creams are 1oz or 30ml each, meaning that they're a great size for traveling.

You can purchase these BB creams for P695 each on CarmenClaire.com. As a special treat for you guys, you can get 15% off all orders on the website when you input the code JOANNASENTME. The website also offers free shipping for all orders worth P1,000 and up. Happy shopping!