I'd never heard of Barielle before I visited Piandre Salon  but it was there that I was introduced to the nail polish topcoat that I now...

Review: Barielle Instant Liquid Nail Hardener

8:25 PM Joanna C. 0 Comments

I'd never heard of Barielle before I visited Piandre Salon but it was there that I was introduced to the nail polish topcoat that I now swear by. Having a beautiful manicure chip on the second day is maddening, so I recommend this for anyone seeking to extend the life of any nail polish when applied.




Barielle Instant Liquid Nail Hardener is recommended for weak, brittle nails. I don't have that problem, but I do get yellowing sometimes when I wear nail polishes for too long. When I use this as a topcoat, this not only prevents yellowing, but makes nail polishes last for five days without chipping. That's for someone who does a lot of typing, so five days of banging fingernails on a keyboard is a lot to put up with for any topcoat.

This works well with all nail polish brands I've tried. You can use it to touch up shine, and definitely also on its own if you need to strengthen your nails. I was told Barielle is safe to use for pregnant or breastfeeding women. The bottle on this says it's formaldehyde free and dibutyl-phtahlate free, for those who are concerned about a lot of chemicals in nail care products.

It is pricey for P550 at Piandre, especially for someone like me who refuses to spend more than P200 for a single bottle of nail polish. However, I have seen Barielle in Hong Kong. You can get it for less in discount beauty stores like Sasa and Bonjour.