I became very curious about the LA Splash Smitten Liptint Mousse after seeing it being offered by a number of sellers on Instagram. I don...

Review and lip swatch: LA Splash Smitten Liptint Mousse in Hermione

6:31 PM Joanna C. 0 Comments

I became very curious about the LA Splash Smitten Liptint Mousse after seeing it being offered by a number of sellers on Instagram. I don't know anyone who's tried it yet, but online reviews seemed good overall, so I went for it.

I got mine in the shade Hermione, a medium pink I felt was wearable for my corporate office. Yes, Hermione as in Hermione Granger from Harry Potter, as the brand came out with a collection dedicated to our beloved characters from Hogwarts.

LA Splash Smitten Liptint Mousse in Hermione


The packaging includes a slanted doe foot applicator. I find this picks up quite a bit of product so I have to press off the excess on the inside of the tube.



The product has quite a thick and sticky feel to me upon application. It can go on a little streaky, so blend well.

The product sets in a few seconds and dries very matte. It gave me a sort of tight feeling on the lips, similar to the tight feeling you get on your skin if you've used too harsh a facial wash. Not the most comfortable, but at least it doesn't crack the lips even if it's drying.



This lasts after eating but gets a little patchy, so I reapplied after having lunch. Some of it came off on my tumbler while drinking.

Overall, this isn't a bad lip product, and it does last the whole day. I definitely like not having to keep checking my lip color while thinking about dozens of other things at work. I do really like the color for everyday, since it brightens up my face without being too in your face. You can wear this with more pared down looks or a bit more dramatic eye.

However, I am not a fan of the less than comfortable feel, so this is not going to be something I'll repurchase or get in different colors.

For a similar effect with a more comfortable feel at half the price, I would go for NYX Soft Matte lip cream instead. I bought the LA Splash Liptint Mousse for P600, while you can get the NYX Soft Matte lip creams between P250-P370 online or at NYX stores.