I'm not ashamed to admit, I still get so excited when I receive makeup or other beauty gifts. I recently got the new True Dimensions li...

Review and swatches: Mary Kay True Dimensions lipstick in Sassy Fuchsia and Citrus Flirt

9:25 PM Joanna C. 0 Comments

I'm not ashamed to admit, I still get so excited when I receive makeup or other beauty gifts. I recently got the new True Dimensions lipsticks from Mary Kay Philippines.


Mary Kay True Dimensions lipstick packaging

This was the first time I've seen lipstick packaging of this sort. I do like that the top is clear and it feels sleek in your hand. But you have to push down from the top, the tube drops halfway down, and then you pull it out to get access to the product. It's kind of strange and doesn't help the functionality. But I will forgive the packaging because I'm really enjoying the product itself. 


(L-R) Mary Kay True Dimensions lipstick in Citrus Flirt and Sassy Fuchsia


(L-R) Mary Kay True Dimensions lipstick in Sassy Fuchsia and Citrus Flirt


Lip swatch: Citrus Flirt


Lip swatch: Sassy Fuchsia


Citrus Flirt is a sheer tangerine, while Sassy Fuchsia is a true bright fuchsia. I was surprised that the color opacity on both was not the same. But both apply super smoothly, are very moisturizing on the lips, and do not slide around. They feel very similar to the Dior Addict lipsticks that come in a silver tube.

Citrus Flirt is nice for a sheer touch of color but does not wear very long on me. It has a glossier finish than Sassy Fuchsia. I think the sheer colors from this line are great if you prefer a subtle look or are still in your teens.

I am very impressed with Sassy Fuchsia because it gives full color payoff with just one swipe, and it lasted over six hours on me, including through coffee and lunch. Even when its subtle shine had worn off, it still left an even stain, no ring around the mouth. Dare I say it - the lasting power is much longer than those gorgeous but pricey Dior Addict lipsticks, for the same feel!

Both lipsticks leave your lips soft even after the color has worn off, and I experienced no feathering or clumpiness whatsoever. Sassy Fuchsia is definitely one of my current favorite lipsticks!

These lipsticks are P860 each. Mary Kay products have to be purchased through a Mary Kay beauty consultant. I can refer you to a friend of mine (just ask me), or you can visit their Cebu office on Escario Street, in the complex where East West Bank is. To see more of the color selection for these lipsticks, check it out on marykay.com.ph . They are also on Instagram @ilovemarykayph .