I don't go to the mall much unless I have actual plans, so I didn't know until I received the invitation from Zee Lifestyle that Kie...

Kiehl's Cebu Grand Opening

9:26 PM Joanna C. 0 Comments

I don't go to the mall much unless I have actual plans, so I didn't know until I received the invitation from Zee Lifestyle that Kiehl's was in Cebu. I was very excited about this! Kiehl's needs no introduction, since the brand has been around since forever and so many of their products have cult followings.

Kiehl's grand launch at The Gallery, Ayala Center Cebu

This was the night when the rain was so bad, it made headline news the following day and caused a lot of grief on social media. I'm glad I went early and was one of the first to arrive, avoiding the insane traffic. 

The event was very well-styled and had a fun, vintage Americana/New York vibe to it, complete with a classic car, and...

...a bagel station!

Yes, I love my carbs, so I was quite enamored by this pile of bagels with different kinds of spreads and cream cheese. I tried the caramelized onion and raisin cream cheese on one half, and the bacon and cheddar cream cheese on the other. Mmm.


I just have to include a shot of this adorable baby girl literally taking center stage while the big guns of Kiehl's, Ayala and Zee Lifestyle were being introduced!

After the event, everyone was led to the store itself, which is in the new wing of Ayala, beside the entrance of Zara that is across The Gap.



Some of their best-sellers

Special section for men, though I believe Kiehl's products are unisex.

The store is very brightly lit and I love the fun and welcoming vibe. There's a counter where you can sit down and have your skin consultation with one of their staff. 

Kiehl's goodies!

That's my stash of Kiehl's, some I purchased and some that were generously given. Admittedly, I have not used many Kiehl's products before except their lip balm (more about that here) and sunscreen, so I'm glad there's finally a store here where I can read every label that I want and pick up what I need right in the mall.

I also love that they give away samples. I feel like no store really does that except Sephora...which we don't have in Cebu.

So far, I have used the BB cream, Midnight Recovery concentrate and the hair conditioner, and I am loving them so far. I love that they use naturally-derived ingredients. Reviews will be up after I've had more time to use the products and see their effects.

Kiehl's products are pricey, but I feel they are worth it. Based on the products I've tried so far, you don't need much to get them to work - the Midnight Recovery concentrate, in particular, only needs two or three drops and I woke up with some crazy healthy-looking skin after just one use!