I talked about Bioderma micellar water and a few other products in my beauty column a couple of weeks ago, but wanted to expound a bit...

Review: Bioderma micellar water

1:57 PM Joanna C. 0 Comments


I talked about Bioderma micellar water and a few other products in my beauty column a couple of weeks ago, but wanted to expound a bit more on this wonder product here on my blog. 

As I said in my column: For years I’ve heard of this cult product, but never tried it until recently. For this one, I must say the hype is real. Several drops on one cotton ball or pad is enough to remove a full day’s worth of makeup with no stinging, no stickiness and no tight feeling. It really does feel like water when you’re wiping it on your face, but removes all traces of makeup. This is probably the lazy girl’s answered prayer to cleansing the face at the end of the day. I use this as a makeup remover then follow it with facial wash, so that my facial wash is actually cleansing my skin instead of working to remove makeup.

I should've started using makeup remover sooner. I was noticing that quite a lot of makeup was still coming off on my cotton ball/pad of toner even after washing my face. I've found that if you wear makeup everyday like me, it is ideal to remove makeup first so that your facial wash can do its job better. I think this will also work well for those with sensitive skin because there is no burning or stinging whatsoever. And, if you hate oily makeup removers, this isn't greasy at all.

I got this 500ml bottle for about P920 from Dara Beauty Market in La Guardia, Lahug, which I've been visiting frequently because of their lower-than-retail prices for authentic beauty products.