If there are two things I never leave home without, it's my eyebrows. I only started practicing on them around 7 years ago even if I hav...

Favorite brow products (pencil, powder, gel)

3:47 PM Joanna C. 0 Comments

If there are two things I never leave home without, it's my eyebrows. I only started practicing on them around 7 years ago even if I have been playing with makeup for 15+ years, but it's now the beauty ritual I can't leave home without. Here are the best brow products I have used so far to achieve my preferred brow style, which is shaped and defined, but not too bold or dark.

Brow pencils
All of these pencils meet my requirements:
* pigmented
* blendable
* not too soft (very soft or waxy pencils will smear easily, not to mention run out quickly)
* has a spoolie
* comes in my preferred shade of medium to dark brown (nothing warm, too gray, or too red)
* long wearing even with my oily forehead

Pinkies Collections eyebrow pencil (Light Brown) - This pencil is so good I am willing to overlook that I have to sharpen it. Available for P100 in Watsons.

Tony Moly Lovely eyebrow pencil - The sticker has come off so I don't know what shade this is, but this suits me best when my hair is darker. Waterproof and stays on even at the beach. Available for around P300 in Tony Moly stores.

Dearberry Rockcat Girl eyebrow pencil - I hoard this whenever I find it available on ph.althea.kr because it is frequently out of stock. About P130.

Soap & Glory Brow Archery (Brownie Points) - Has a fine tip for added control. Bought for £10 in London.

NYX Cosmetics Micro brow pencil - Also don't know the shade name because it has rubbed off. Ultra-fine tip makes it easy to draw cleaner arches or tiny strokes for feathering in sparse areas. Available online for P350-P550, depending on the seller.

Benefit Cosmetics Goof Proof brow pencil (Shade 3) - Hands down the most kikay pencil of all, with a unique diamond-shaped tip. It is also the most expensive of all in this lineup, at P1,660 for the regular size, so this is really an indulgence or something special for me, not something I use everyday. Benefit has boutiques in Ayala and SM Seaside, and is available online on Zalora and Sephora.

Not pictured is the Etude House brow pencil that I have been buying on and off for years, but everybody already knows that one anyway.

Brow powder / pomade
Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade (Dark Brown) - Still the best if you want brows to last even through surfing. About P1,200 on Sephora.ph.

in2it brow palette - Another one that many of us swear by. I was skeptical when the saleslady told me this would last 3 years, but I have probably had it for that long and still haven't hit pan. About P300 in Watsons and department stores.

Wet n Wild Ultimate Brow Kit (Ash Brown) - Seeing how battered this is, it's obvious how much I use this. The powder is more pigmented than in2it but can go on too harsh if you use too much. I mix two dabs of the darker brown with one dab of the lighter one. You can probably also tell I don't use the wax in this palette.

Brow gel
If I know I'm going to have a particularly long or sweaty day, I use brow gel as a last step for added longevity.

Aritaum Idol brow mascara - Suits me best when my hair is lighter, but I find the spoolie size perfect for quick application. Available on Cebu-based daraholic.com for P260.

Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow (Shade 3) - Has a teeny, tiny spoolie, which means you don't pile on too much product if you have fine hairs, but also means you can carefully build up brows for a bushier look without caking on the product. P1,500 for the full size, though it comes in a mini size and value kits so it comes out cheaper.

Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Brow Mascara (Soft Brown) - The bulbous end is kind of odd because I don't see how this improves application, but this is a good brow gel for everyday since it comes with a lot of product in the tube. Available for about P350 in Maybelline counters, Shopee, and Lazada.