Congratulations are in order to online K-beauty shopping haven, Althea Korea, for its first-ever in-house product. Similar to how Sephora is...

Review: Althea Korea Petal Velvet Powder

8:56 PM Joanna C. 0 Comments

Congratulations are in order to online K-beauty shopping haven, Althea Korea, for its first-ever in-house product. Similar to how Sephora is a cosmetics boutique that has its own brand of makeup and tools, Althea Korea has been busy with product development to come up with the Petal Velvet Powder.



According to its product information, the Petal Velvet Powder is designed for / with:
     1. Makeup setting and long wearing
     2. Micro-fine particles and soft, smooth texture
     3. Natural and cruelty-free ingredients
     4. Sebum control and pore blurring

The powder comes in a simple shaker-type tub with 3 grams of product, and a pillowy soft puff. It's small and light enough to take in your bag.

I've been using this loose powder since it was released last month to see how I really feel about it. I'm surprised how Althea can offer this for only P210 considering how silky and fine the powder is. It's translucent so it has no color, and no white cast. It disappears immediately into the skin with a few dabs and makes skin look smooth, yet not flat. It has a floral scent that is not at all obtrusive to me, but makes it that much more enjoyable to apply with the super soft puff.

The only part that didn't quite work for me is the sebum control. I get oily very quickly on my T-zone, so with this, I have to touch up after just a couple of hours. But if you have less oily skin, you may not have this issue.

Overall, I find it to be a beautiful and natural finishing powder that behaves more expensively than how it's priced.

Read more about the Petal Velvet Powder ingredients and purchase it here. Althea Korea still ships door to door for a minimum purchase of only P999 for the Philippines - always an important factor to me because I can't be bothered to pick up parcels at the post office!