I've been gathering a basket of empty products to share with you guys. Considering how many things I'm constantly trying out, I alwa...

Product empties: Neutrogena, Shu Uemura, Origins, etc

11:42 PM Joanna C. 0 Comments

I've been gathering a basket of empty products to share with you guys. Considering how many things I'm constantly trying out, I always feel a sense of accomplishment when I get to the last bit of something! Read on for short reviews on some of the hair care, skin care, and makeup I've used up.
I'm more conscious of using up skin care products because since they're all liquids and creams, they will expire quickly. So the only makeup bits I've used up recently are:

NYX Cosmetics Soft Matte Lip Cream in San Paulo. I discovered this product while shopping at a department store in Davao, then maybe a year later, it started exploding all over the beauty community. Many of us absolutely love the Soft Matte Lip Creams, myself included - I think I have 10 other colors waiting to be used up. I haven't met one shade that I haven't liked.

NYX Cosmetics Stay Matte But Not Flat powder foundation in 02 Nude. A good lightweight powder that I favored for setting concealer / corrector on eyes. I probably will not repurchase, though, because I really just used this on my eye area, and I have other powders that can do the same job.

MAC brow gels in Girl Boy and Beguile. I remember everyone going crazy over Girl Boy, but I actually prefer Beguile. I think MAC brow gels are in better packaging now; the wands on these definitely needed to be smaller, as they picked up and packed on too much product. I may repurchase if these have smaller wands now, but then, there are so many cheaper alternatives that basically do the same thing.

Benefit Cosmetics They're Real mascara. This is one of those mascaras that are better when they've dried up a little after a few weeks. The spiky ball on the end of the wand does help with grabbing and coating smaller lashes. I'm not one to splurge on mascaras because they're the type of things you cannot keep for too long, so I wouldn't classify this as one of my must-haves.

Deja Vu Lash Up mascara. A gift from my half-Japanese friend who got it from her other home country. This gives really pretty long, separated lashes without clumps. The only down side is the brush is huge, so it could be a problem for those with short eyelashes.


For hair, face, and body care:

Pantene Pro-V 3-minute Miracle Total Damage Care 10 conditioner. A thicker conditioner that may help those with dry or damaged hair. This is more expensive than a lot of drugstore conditioners, though. It's not a bad product at all, but there are cheaper ones that have a similar effect.

Neutrogena Pore Refining daily cleanser. It took several weeks, but about halfway through the bottle, I started to notice that my pores seemed to be less obvious on the areas beside my nose. It's hard to find a product that can noticeably reduce pores, so I would recommend trying this if that's a skin concern you want to address. I used this only in the morning. At night, I would use...

Nature Republic Jeju Sparkling Mud foam cleanser. It says it "contains Jeju mountain Sanbang springs carbonic water and French mud." After removing makeup, this gave my skin a good cleanse. The 150ml tube will last you a long time. Don't forget to cut it open when no more product can be squeezed out; you'll be amazed how much more product is stuck on the sides of the tube.

Shiseido Benefiance Wrinkle Resist 24 night emulsion. I brought this on trips until I used it up. You're supposed to follow emulsion with moisturizer, but I felt like I didn't need that additional step with this. I usually just bring the essentials when I travel because I hate lugging heavy bags, so this did well as my night-time moisturizer.

Shu Uemura Skin Purifier cleansing beauty oil. I only buy this in travel sizes because I just can't bear to spend that much on a big bottle. Also brought this on trips until I finally used it up. If I was only going away briefly, this served as both makeup remover and cleanser. You really can take off a full face of makeup with maybe eight drops of this, more if you're wearing full eye makeup. There is basis to this being a cult product for many years!

The Body Shop Moringa body butter. I've been using The Body Shop's body butter since I was 15. Nuff said.

The Body Shop Shea Butter shower cream. This is very moisturizing, but it wouldn't lather! I prefer the shower gels from The Body Shop. I just feel cleaner somehow when I see bubbles when I shower!

Bath and Body Works Shea and Vitamin E lotion in Passionfruit Kiss. Another product I've been using since high school in various scents. Again, nuff said.

Belo Essentials Whitening Anti-perspirant Deodorant in Shower Fresh. A good enough daily deodorant and anti-perspirant, but I prefer Dove for keeping underarms soft and bright.

Origins GinZing refreshing eye cream. My new holy grail eye cream. I've had dark circles since I was in college, no matter how well rested or hydrated I am. This does not feel sticky and will not clump under eye makeup. I noticed after maybe two months of use (this l5ml jar lasted me several months!) my under eye circles were not as dark. I've heard of eye creams that help minimize dark circles, but usually at twice the price or more. My cousin bought this for me in Hong Kong as a gift (thanks, Kuya!) and I've just received a new jar to love (thanks, Origins Philippines!). We don't have Origins just yet in Cebu, but definitely get this if you're in Manila (currently retails for P1,400) or if you spot an Origins counter overseas. Highly recommend!

If you made it this far, thanks so much for reading through! Do let me know if you have thoughts on these products as well or if you have others to recommend.