Because I live in a humid tropical environment, it's a habit to wash my hair on a daily basis. It's not really advisable to, though...

Dry shampoo roundup: Batiste, Lush Cosmetics and more

1:11 PM Joanna C. 1 Comments

Because I live in a humid tropical environment, it's a habit to wash my hair on a daily basis. It's not really advisable to, though, if you have colored hair like I do. Every time colored hair gets soaked and washed, color is more prone to fading. There are days when my hair feels dry on the ends and I really feel like I shouldn't wash it, but then I don't want my scalp to get greasy, either. 

Here's where dry shampoo comes in. It's not a particularly popular product here because everyone is so used to washing their hair daily, but here are four I've come across and what I think about them. 

image1.JPG
Dry shampoos: Eva NYC, Batiste, Lush Cosmetics No Drought, That Girl's Got Attitude


Batiste dry shampoo was the first one I've tried. I bought this in Australia years ago and I can't remember how much I bought it for. It's long been used up, but now that I'm getting this blog post done, I can finally throw away the can! I had high hopes for this because Batiste is supposed to be one of the best affordable ones, but whether in Australian autumn or Cebu summer, this did not live up to my expectations. The spray does produce a very fine mist, which is good, but the product itself does not really do much for helping keep an oily scalp at bay. 

Next, I got this Eva NYC Freshen Up dry shampoo for P795 at Beauty Bar, and "That Girl's Got Attitude" Pink Daisy dry shampoo for P395 at Rustan's. If you are new to dry shampoo, I would suggest the latter since it's cheaper. Both are quite similar, but the Pink Daisy one helps keep my scalp fresher. 

Both of these, to me, are not the best for preventing oiliness, but they are great for volumizing the hair! I would use these to give fine hair a lift or to give hot-iron curls more body. Tip for using spray dry shampoos: Hold an arm's length away from the head, so you don't get too much product on. 

Lastly, my most recent purchase from Lush Cosmetics Hong Kong. I got the No Drought dry shampoo for HKD110, I think. It's my first time to try a powder dry shampoo, as all the others were aerosols. I figured a powder would be best at absorbing grease. So far, I think I like this one the most. It has a fresh but not strong grapefruit scent, and the cornflour "absorbs oil very well" as the label says. My peeve with this is the mess. I got it all over my face when I poured some on my hand then tried to plop it onto my head. It's better to just sprinkle some onto the scalp directly from the bottle. This disappears when rubbed in, so no fear of white residue! Now, if only Lush would open a store here in Cebu...